Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookie

Halloween has passed on November is officially upon us.  (I hope you are all ready for Christmas commercials, because I have already seen several!)  I had a decent amount trick-or-treaters this year, and enjoyed every one of them.  But I did still have some candy leftover.  You won't hear me complain about that, because I bought some good stuff this year!

By "the good stuff" I mean my favorite candy bar--Snickers.  I don't always eat candy bars.  But when I do, I eat Snickers.  They are tremendous.  I also greatly enjoy peanut butter cookies.  So why not put them together?  One great treat + another great treat = 1 really great treat!  If you have some leftover Snickers from Halloween, do yourself a favor and use them to make these awesome cookies.  If you don't have any leftover Snickers from Halloween, take advantage of candy clearance and get some!

I made these scrumptious cookies for a party recently, and they were a huge hit!  And why wouldn't they be?  Snickers and peanut butter cookies are a marriage made in sugar heaven.  These are perfectly peanut buttery, a little chocolaty, a little crispy, and a little chewy thanks to pieces of caramel and nougat of the Snickers.  Those are pretty much all the adjectives I look for in a cookie!  Plus, I had several requests for the recipe, and that's how you know it's good!  So, here ya go everyone!  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chopped Snickers Candy Bars
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixture, beat butter and peanut butter together until fluffy.  Add the sugars and beat until smooth.  Add the egg and mix until combined.  Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears.  Stir in the chopped Snickers.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.  Gently flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.  Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges (they will still be soft!).
Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes.  Remove to a rack and cool completely.

Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment