Thursday, January 31, 2013

Peanut Butter Dip

Some things are just right.  Peanut butter and chocolate are magical together, as we have discussed over, and over, and over, and over.  When I found a recipe for this peanut butter dip, which has both peanut butter and cream cheese, I knew I had found something special.  And then I thought about how I could use chocolate graham crackers as the instrument for dipping.  I am pretty sure I started drooling instantly.

And upon making it, it was everything I thought it would be.  Rich, creamy, and peanut-buttery.  And then I scooped some on a chocolate graham cracker.  Wow!  This one is definitely a keeper!  Peanut butter, chocolate, and cream cheese....holy cow!  I know I missed Monday, but I didn't lighten up this recipe, and I wanted to share it with you before Super Bowl Sunday.  Because you have to serve this.  You just have to.  So let's call this a Makeover Thursday recipe.  It doesn't have the same ring to it, but it tastes just as good!





I could eat my weight in this stuff.  Unfortunately, my mixer isn't big enough to make that much.  Shucks.  I guess it's probably for the best.  But since this tasty dip is so addictive, I am definitely glad I lightened it up a bit.  I just used low fat cream cheese (just as good!), swapped the sugar for Splenda, and added lite Cool-Whip.  This made it fluffier, and more of a dip than a spread, which is what it originally was.  I did one cup, and it was still pretty thick.  Add more Cool-Whip if you want.  Or leave it out if you want something more spreadable than dip-able!  Do what feels right!
This was amazing with chocolate graham crackers, but if you want to health this up even more, it is also great with apple slices!  So go ahead and treat yourself to something light, delicious, and I forgot to mention, simple.  This takes only a few minutes to throw together.  And just one bite to fall in love!

Peanut Butter Dip
Ingredients:
4 oz low fat cream cheese
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup Splenda
1 cup light Cool-Whip
Directions:
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl, or with electric stand mixer until soft and fluffy.  Add the peanut butter and Splenda.  Beat to combine.  Fold in Cool-Whip.  Serve with chocolate graham crackers, or apple slices.
Store in refrigerator.

Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

2 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter and Chocolate have always been one of my favorites! This has got to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I cannot wait to make this! It looks so yummy :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete