Thursday, March 22, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie

It's still raining!  I am sitting on my couch lamenting the loss of the beautiful, sunny weather we enjoyed last week.  During that magical time I made my favorite, go-to smoothie-strawberry lemonade smoothies.  I am hoping that if I post this recipe today, the sun will come out again someday! 

This smoothie is like sunshine in a glass.  I love it!  To understand my love for this drink, you need to understand my love for another drink--Sonic's Lemonberry Fruit Slush.  Out of the 398,929 drink possibilities at Sonic, the Lemonberry Fruit Slush is my automatic choice, every time.  It is sweet, slightly tart, has little pieces of strawberries, and has quenched my thirst on many a hot summer day.  I used to drive a tractor for my dad in the summers and I can attest that nothing is more refreshing than a good slush!  I didn't mean for it to happen, but I made this smoothie out of happy accident, and I think it tastes just like the Lemonberry Fruit Slush!


This recipe couldn't be easier.  And it has just 3 ingredients: frozen strawberries, lemonade, and strawberry yogurt.  I use sugar free lemonade, such as Crystal Lite, and fat free yogurt.  So not only is this smoothie delicious, it is also healthy!  Unlike a lot of people, I don't add ice to my smoothies.  I prefer to let the frozen fruit do all the work!  I use 3-4 cups of frozen strawberries, but you can use more or less to get the thickness you want in your smoothie.
Okay, pay attention because this is going to get technical.  Add ingredients to blender...
...and turn it on.  Blend until you get the consistency you want.
Now pour into a cup.  If you want, you can garnish with strawberries or lemon slices.  Sip, and enjoy.  Did you get all that?
Ah, that's good stuff!  Sunshine, I know you'll come back to me someday.  And when you do, I'm making a smoothie!

Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Ingredients:
2 cups sugar free lemonade
1 container (6 oz) fat free strawberry yogurt
4 cups no-sugar-added frozen strawberries
Directions:
Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. 
Makes about 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment