Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Brownie Covered Peanut Butter Patties

 
Because I actually enjoy baking cookies, I am not one to buy buy cookies.  But about a month ago, my husband and I were spending a lazy Sunday afternoon at home when the doorbell rang.  It was two little girls selling Girl Scout cookies.  How can I turn away Girl Scouts?  So I bought some Peanut Butter Patties. 

The girls returned last week with our cookies.  I ate a few as they were, but I wanted to somehow make something special with them.  I was thinking that I had a recipe stashed somewhere for brownie covered Oreos and I thought that would be a good way to use my Peanut Butter Patties.  I did a little searching and found what I was looking for on Picky Palate's website.  With that I set out to make my own peanut buttery version.

This was a really easy way to do something fun with Peanut Butter Patties and was so tasty!  The end result is a soft brownie surrounding the crispy peanut buttery wafer center.  The chocolate coating of the Peanut Butter Pattie sort of melts into the brownie portion so you get a double shot of chocolate!  This would be a fun project for kids to make.  And if you get a little messy with brownie batter and have to lick some off your fingers, that's just a bonus!  

We also had some Oreos around, so I prepared a few of those too to compare.  I liked the Peanut Butter Patties better, but my husband liked the Oreos better.  He likes Oreos more than I do, so that is probably why.  But both were delicious! 

To have a little brownie covered fun, I just whipped up a box of brownie mix I had stored for a busy day.  In typical RD fashion, I used applesauce instead of oil to make it lower in fat. 
Then I dropped in the Peanut Butter Patties, and stirred them around a little bit with a spoon.  I used the spoon to scoop the cookies out and plopped them in a greased muffin tin.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Go ahead and eat them hot out of the oven.  You know you want to! 
So support your local Girl Scouts and buy some Peanut Butter Patties.  You can still have homemade goodies and make a little girl happy.  And you'll be happy as well!

Brownie Covered Peanut Butter Patties
Ingredients:
1 brownie mix (or your favorite brownie recipe)
20 Peanut Butter Patties
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Generously grease muffin pan.
Prepare brownie batter according to box directions (I made the low-fat version).  Leave batter in mixing bowl.  Drop cookies in batter one by one.  Spoon out and place each cookie in a muffin tin. 
Bake 12-15 minutes.  Remove from oven and immediately cut around edges with a knife to prevent sticking.  Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

No comments:

Post a Comment