Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chocolate Reese's Pieces Cookies

I did a bad, bad thing.  I don't buy shoes just because I see them in the store and want them.  I don't stop and get a cappuccino whenever the mood hits me.  I am not an impulse shopper.  Except for food.  For some reason,  I can't help myself.  If I find a good deal when I'm in the grocery store,  I pull the trigger.  So when I went to the store on November 1st and saw the Halloween candy on sale, I bought a few bags.  I don't even eat candy most of the time.  
 One of the candies I bought was Reese's Pieces.  My husband loves chocolate and peanut butter, and I thought he would have them eaten after day one.  But he was oddly abstaining.  Although he was resisting the candy, I know he can't resist cookies.  So I decided to make some cookies with my purchase.  I considered peanut butter cookies with the candy in it, but thought it would be too peanut buttery.  Chocolate cookies seemed like a better balance.

What a good call.  These were amazing!  Soft, chewy, moist, chocolate and peanut butter goodness.  Maybe they were too good.  I am totally addicted!  Make at your own risk!


If you dare, start by whisking together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
Beat the butter until it looks kinda like this.
Then add the sugar.
Time for the egg and vanilla.
Gently beat in the sour cream.  Yes, I said sour cream.  Trust me.
Gradually mix in the flour mixture.  I did about half at a time.
Now stir in the Reese's Pieces.  I had fun size bags, and it took 10 of them to get a cup.
Drop on baking sheets by the teaspoonful and bake.  These were fairly small cookies, but that just means you get to eat more of them.  That's what I like to think!
Eat a few right out of the oven.  You know you want to!

Chocolate Reese's Pieces Cookies
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup Reese's Pieces (10 fun size bags)
Directions:
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.  Set aside.
In electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.  Cream in sugar.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Gently mix in sour cream.
Gradually add flour mixture until combined.
Stir in Reese's Pieces.
Drop dough by teaspoonful about 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes in 400 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment