Thursday, October 20, 2011

Simple Cinnamon Spiced Cider


I know I said a while back ago that it was officially fall.  I was wrong then.  It was 28 degrees when I got up this morning.  Now it's fall.  And since it is fall, I need apple cider.  A nice hot cup of spiced apple cider is so comforting this time of year.  I bought a gallon of cider a week or two ago, and it has been patiently waiting in my refrigerator for cooler weather.  I will not complain about 80 degrees in October, but it doesn't exactly scream "apple cider time!"

My mom used to make spiced cider with Red Hots when I was a kid.  I didn't have the exact recipe, but I bought some red hots and set out to replicate it.  How hard could it be?  Turns out, not very!  I used 2 cups of apple cider and 1/4 cup Red Hots.  If that is too spiced for you, you can add more cider as needed.  I didn't have any on hand, but I think some cinnamon sticks would be great in this as well.



Simple Cinnamon Spiced Cider
Ingredients:
2 cups apple cider
1/4 cup Red Hots
Directions:
Heat apple cider in small saucepan over medium heat.  Add Red Hots.  Continue to heat until Red Hots are dissolved, stirring occasionally.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment