Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Spiced Crispy Rice Treats Part 2: Maple Spiced Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkins


Halloween bonus time!  You may remember last week I posted these Pumpkin Spiced Crispy Rice Treats.  They were so good, I had to buy another bag and make more goodies.  This time I made them into pumpkins, stuffed with a no-bake maple spiced cheesecake.  You can consider this your Halloween treat from me!

These were super easy to make.  Both the cheesecake and the crispy rice treats come together in just minutes.  I allowed both to cool for about 30 minutes, then cut the treats into squares, flattened them, slapped on some cheesecake, and rolled the treat around the cheesecake.  It helps to wet your hands first.  I used chocolate chips to make a quick face, but you could use royal icing if you want to make a fancy face.  I had a little cheesecake leftover.  It found it's way onto a graham cracker and into my mouth!  Yum!

No-Bake Maple Spiced Cheesecake
Ingredients:
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup lite whipped cream
Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, maple extract, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until smooth.  Fold in whipped cream.  Refrigerate to set.

Pumpkin Spiced Crispy Rice Treats
Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine
1 bag (10 oz) Jet-Puffed Pumpkin Spice Mallows
6 cups crisp rice cereal
Directions:
Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
Microwave margarine in large microwavable bowl on high 45 seconds or until melted.  Add marshmallows and toss to coat.  Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted, stirring after 45 seconds.
Add cereal, mix well.  Press cereal mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan and let cool.

Recipe adapted slightly from Kraft Jet-Puffed Pumpkin Spice Mallows

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...Rice Krispie treats are one of my weaknesses...and I'm certain I'd like the pumpkin variety! And filled with cheesecake, ah...so yummy!!! Great idea for a Halloween treat~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy! I bought a few more bags of those marshmallows on clearance yesterday. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete